HOME   HISTORY   ATTRACTIONS   EVENTS   DINE   STAY   SHOP   CAMP   TRAILS   PARKS   THIS IS HOW WE #BLOG
cle,elum,tourism,website



First Cemetery | Cle Elum, WA

Walter J. Reed donated land to the community to be used as a cemetery around 1890.

This land was located on the brow of Number Seven Hill overlooking the town. Near the turn of the century, Mr. Reed also donated land to the city for the present Laurel Hill Cemetery near the highway on the west end of town and the graves from the Number Seven Hill cemetery were moved to that location.

In 1905, the Greenwood cemetery was located above South Cle Elum. This was later abandoned due to water seepage. Most of the graves from Greenwood cemetery were also moved to the Laurel Hill cemetery. (SWIFTWATER, History of Cle Elum 1848-1955, published by Northern Kittitas County Historical Society, 2014, Page 56)

Compiled by the Northern Kittitas County Historical Society

Back to Cle Elum Firsts












Nature Tours, Hunting, Riding, Special Events & MORE. cle,elum,nature,tours,hunting,horseback,riding,snowmobiling,snowshoeing

For a full list of trails, maps and guides, visit the Cle Elum Visitor's Center on 1st Street.
Share your hiking adventures with us online!
#HowWeDoCleElum




Booking.com


HISTORY     ATTRACTIONS     EVENTS     DINE     STAY     SHOP     TRAILS     PARKS     BLOG

CONTACT US    BRANDING STATEMENT    MEDIA ROOM    #HowWeDoCleElum

© 2017 DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM
cle,elum,footer,logo