First Livery Stable & Blacksmith Shop | Cle Elum, WA

Cle Elum's first livery stable and blacksmith shop was built by Fred Zeek in 1887.

Zeek also operated the first dairy in Cle Elum and Roslyn, having driven fourteen cows up from Vancouver, Washington. He sold milk from house to house in Cle Elum and Roslyn. (SWIFTWATER, History of Cle Elum 1848-1955, published by Northern Kittitas County Historical Society, 2014, Page 34)

cleelum,livery,and,feed,store,first,street

(This livery and feed store stood on Cle Elum's First Street, but was destroyed in Cle Elum's fire of 1918. It is unknown if this was the one built by Fred Zeek. Photo courtesy of the Northern Kittitas County Historical Society)






           

cle,elum,footer,logo
Booking.com
Sign up for FREE newsletters!!







WWW.DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM


ATTRACTIONS     EVENTS     HISTORY     DINE     STAY     SHOP     TRAILS     CAMP     PARKS     BLOG     ABOUT     CONTACT     VISITOR CENTER

© 2021 DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM™    Site Created by: Genesis Marketing