Forest Service Ranger Residence | Cle Elum, WA

1934


This building represents one of the few remaining Forest Service houses of this era and the craftsmanship of the CCC. In 1934, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) began construction of new headquarters for the Cle Elum Forest Service Ranger Station. The complex, located a quarter mile west of this location, included this building which served as a Ranger's Residence. The CCC, a depression-era federal government public works program, implemented design plans for the complex and this former Ranger's Residence. The design provides a prime example of handcrafted "Cascadian" style blending native materials with the natural setting and very representative of our regional character. Forest Service staff occupied this building through the mid-1970s. In 2011, the Ranger's Residence was purchased and moved across the road to this present site where it has undergone extensive repairs to become a private residence.



Forest Service Ranger Residence
704 W. Second | Current Business: Private Residence







           

cle,elum,footer,logo
Booking.com
Sign up for FREE newsletters!!







WWW.DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM


ATTRACTIONS     EVENTS     HISTORY     DINE     STAY     SHOP     TRAILS     CAMP     PARKS     BLOG     ABOUT     CONTACT     VISITOR CENTER

© 2022 DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM™    Site Created by: Genesis Marketing