First Electricity to Town | Cle Elum, WA

The first electricity to town was provided by the Northwest Improvement Company's power plant in 1902. Before that time, kerosene lamps were used.

(ANOTHER STORY, A Collection of Stories About the Early History of the Upper Kittitas County in Washington State, published 2013, Northern Kittitas County Historical Society, Page 17)

cleelum,northwestern,improvement, company,store

(Northwestern Improvement Company store, located at the corner of Pennsylvania and First Street, early 1900s. Photo courtesy of Northern Kittitas County Historical Society)






         

cle,elum,footer,logo
Booking.com
Sign up for FREE newsletters!







WWW.DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM


ATTRACTIONS     EVENTS     HISTORY     DINE     STAY     SHOP     TRAILS     CAMP     PARKS     BLOG     ABOUT     CONTACT     VISITOR CENTER

© 2021 DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM™    Site Created by: Genesis Marketing