First Home with Piped Water | Cle Elum, WA

The first home in Cle Elum with piped water inside was built on Third Street in approximately 1893. This home, belonging to Walter J. and Barbara Ann Steiner Reed was the first home to have running water in the community. Water was piped from the natural spring into the house.

The home was later transformed into the Cava Apartments.

(SWIFTWATER, History of Cle Elum 1848-1955, published by Northern Kittitas County Historical Society, 2014, Page 21)

walter,reed,cleelum barbara,reed,cleelum

(Walter and Barbara Reed. Photos courtesy of Northern Kittitas County Historical Society)






           

cle,elum,footer,logo
Booking.com
Sign up for FREE newsletters!!







WWW.DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM


ATTRACTIONS     EVENTS     HISTORY     DINE     STAY     SHOP     TRAILS     CAMP     PARKS     BLOG     ABOUT     CONTACT     VISITOR CENTER

© 2021 DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM™    Site Created by: Genesis Marketing