Independent Meat Company | Cle Elum, WA

1900


Buildings on this side of First Street escaped destruction in the fire of 1918. An undated pre-fire photo shows a handsome structure with rusticated sandstone piers, cast iron storefront and brick second story, all of which may have contributed to its survival. The upper floor housed Richard Low's dental office; unusually large windows suggest it was designed for tenants requiring plenty of light. By 1915, directories listed George Birkmaier and Theo Meyers as proprietors of a butcher shop on the ground floor. The present building housed the Independent Meat Market for thirty one years, 1910-1941.



Independent Meat Company
116 & 114 E. First | Current Business: Ruby's Store & Sew What Retreat Center







           

cle,elum,footer,logo
Booking.com
Sign up for FREE newsletters!!







WWW.DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM


ATTRACTIONS     EVENTS     HISTORY     DINE     STAY     SHOP     TRAILS     CAMP     PARKS     BLOG     ABOUT     CONTACT     VISITOR CENTER

© 2022 DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM™    Site Created by: Genesis Marketing