Rex Hotel | Cle Elum, WA

1908


This building served the Upper County as a hotel and bar through the 1930s. George and Marie Urbanc began construction of the Rex Hotel in May of 1908 and completed it in August the same year. The sandstone block was quarried locally and the lumber was milled by the Teanaway Lumber Company. George's son, Andy Urbanc, converted the property to an automotive garage in the mid-1930s. This shaped its later role as a NAPA store and garage from the mid-1960s through the early 2000s. The Bull Durham mural was painted in the early 1900s. It was first restored in the 1980s and again in 2004.



Rex Hotel
112 W. Railroad | Current Business: Bull Durham Building, NW Physical Therapy







           

cle,elum,footer,logo
Booking.com
Sign up for FREE newsletters!!







WWW.DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM


ATTRACTIONS     EVENTS     HISTORY     DINE     STAY     SHOP     TRAILS     CAMP     PARKS     BLOG     ABOUT     CONTACT     VISITOR CENTER

© 2022 DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM™    Site Created by: Genesis Marketing