Vogue Theater | Cle Elum, WA

1923


The site of the Vogue is noteworthy as having served as a theater for more than a century. A week after the 1918 fire, James Lane of Roslyn announced construction of a "modern, fire-proof" theater on the site of its destroyed predecessor, the Rose Theater. Cle Elum's newspaper declared "The City is fortunate in securing such a building and it may be counted as one of the blessings that the fire has brought to the City."

The Lane Theater, designed for both silent and live vaudeville acts, opened in 1923 with an impressive seating capacity of 780. By 1928, Vitaphone film equipment for talking pictures had been installed. A new owner gave it the present name, the Vogue Theater, in 1938. The structural clay tile and brick façade have undergone little change since construction. Over the years, the small rental spaces have been occupied by an art shop, confectionery, barber and various offices.



Vogue Theater
208 Pennsylvania | Current Business: Vacant







           

cle,elum,footer,logo
Booking.com
Sign up for FREE newsletters!!







WWW.DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM


ATTRACTIONS     EVENTS     HISTORY     DINE     STAY     SHOP     TRAILS     CAMP     PARKS     BLOG     ABOUT     CONTACT     VISITOR CENTER

© 2022 DISCOVERCLEELUM.COM™    Site Created by: Genesis Marketing